Friday, December 21, 2012

Looks like the Mayans were wrong

Well, we made it! Still here!!!
I didn't put any real stock in the whole Mayan calendar thing,
but ya just never know. Stranger things have happened.
and the theme is
Last Minute Shopping.

I am not a last minute shopper, or a Black Friday shopper, or a day after
Christmas shopper. I do like to shop, but cannot stand the crowds and the
ridiculously rude and inconsiderate turds that fill the stores this time of year,
more than ever. I am not what you'd call a "people person".
All that being said, I do enjoy giving gifts and I do like them to be pretty when
they are received. Being sick for a few days put me behind in my gift wrapping duties,
so I opted to use a lot of gift bags this year to make things go a little faster.
As I said, I do like to shop, and I really love the candles at Bath and Body Works.
I stock up on their candles when they have good sales, and then I find that I have
a bunch of these cute shopping bags left over from my purchases. Usually, I just reuse them as they are for lunches, or to just carry schtuff in. They are very durable and nice little bags.  

I decided to make better use of them this year, and to decorate them for
holiday gift giving.

to turn this shopping bag into a gift bag.
Very cute and resourceful, if I do say so myself.
I got to use a embossing folder I received moons ago
from fellow EDT member, Suzi, (thanks, Suzi!) and I coupled that with some
matching snowflake ribbon to finish it off. 
One down, six more to go!

Thanks for dropping in today. I hope you stop by the
RSD Sparkle and Glitter challenge blog to see what the rest of team has been up to. 

Happy Holidaze!!!

   
   

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this what a brilliant creation. Love the colours you used. I used to love Bath and Body Works things but the store near us closed :( Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bag you made, turened out very cute,
    it will make a gorgeous gift wrapping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chickie! How ya be? Love your bag transformation. Super cute and the coloring is beyond fab! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.