Saturday, December 1, 2012

Let the Creepmas festivities begin!!

The first day of Creepmas has arrived!! Huzzah!!
Hopefully, you are joining me from two different,
but equally awesome, blog hops.
The first being the original, 13 Days of Creepmas hop,
 
and the second one being the St. Dennis 13 Days of Creepmas blog hop.
 
RSD 13 Days of Creepmas
 
That's a whole lotta hops!
The hop order for both hops is in my sidebar.
Hopefully, there will be minimal confusion.
 
My first project for Creepmas is a Creepmas card.
Every year, I intend to send out handmade cards to everyone on my list,
but by the middle of December I usually admit defeat
and break out with the (oh the horror!) store bought cards.
Yeah, I said it. I sell out on occasion. So sue me.
   
Now who wouldn't love to receive a holiday card like this?!
It's both, creepy and festive!!
 
I used one of the many fabulous Creepmas images drawn by the talented,
Rick St. Dennis.
This lovely little gal is called, "I love my prezzies".
She can be found HERE in Rick's Etsy shop.

In keeping with the Creepmas theme, I added a handmade
paper bat button, with some candy striped twine and a fitting sentiment sticker. 
 
And let's not overlook this trio of menacing parcels.
I would have had no problem waiting until Dec. 25th to open my gifts
as a kid, if they looked at me like this!
 
Well, it appears that you still have quite a bit of hopping to do,
so I won't keep you any longer.
 
If you are on the Creepmas hop your next stop is:
 
If you are on the St. Dennis Creepmas hop your next stop is:   
ALETHA-http://ajsalternativecreativeendeavors.blogspot.com
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. WooHoo! It's finally here! I must say Glo that I'm not sure I'd open such menacing prezzies. Looks more like they need to be fed. Love the trad colors and the fab bat embellie. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative take on the Love my Prezzies! Her blue skin makes me think she may have had a cyanide cocktail to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love that card and how you have colored this amazing image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring job & the packages are really scarey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image & the way you colored it. Especially like the scarey presents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love her!! :)
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabby card Gloria, think you don't need time to unwrap these prezzies, by the look of it they'll unwrap themselves
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. The image looks just like me after days of Christmas shopping. Tee! Hee! (No really)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super coloring, and i like your sentiment.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card! Love the colors and LO. This image is wonderful and fun.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely have perfected the creepy and festive look! Amazing coloring and great card design! I'm loving the addition of the little bat button with the baker's twine :) BTW, I messed up the original hop code and Nat's and Donna's links don't work. I have put the updated hop list in the yahoo group and this time I actually CHECKED the links and they work. Please update your hop list when you get the chance. Sorry for the screw-up and inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too Lady B this is all about the details GLOW and I am lovingthe peppermint twine and the batty-great job as usual-Rock on....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is brilliant, what a great card, love it. Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome card, great coloring and a great image love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Gloria! Great coloring and I love your layout. Just had a brain fart...what about putting Rick's images on top of those store bought cards?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you have coloured this image Glo. Yep - the same idea as you as 1st project. You rocked this one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card you've made and the coloring of 'My Prezzies'! I just finished coloring her to tonight. Well, I'm of to the other ladies! Greetings, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this.... and I so feel like this after Christmas shopping! Love the embellishments!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  19. In my little bubble again and missed the hop. Amazing card as always Glo x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.