Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stampotique Vintage Challenge

It has been quite a while since I have carved out some time to
just create whatever I want with whatever images I want.
Once I saw the current Stampotique challenge was "Vintage",
I decided to play along and maybe, just maybe I'll be
a randomly drawn winner of a $30 Stampotique gift certificate.
Mr. Torrente has come out with some new images that I cannot afford right now,
so a gift certificate would be nice. 

 
I have had these two Daniel Torrente images in my
possession for far too long without inking them up.
Well, actually they have been inked up, I just never
made anything with them.
I have had "BatBoy" for well over a year and the cat was
obtained this year.
I dunno what I was waiting for.
This challenge maybe?

I thought this was a fitting sentiment.
I typeset it myself and heat embossed it right
outta the printer.
I've never done this before with a digital image, but aside from
a big 'ol mess, it worked quite well.

Keep it creepy!!

17 comments:

  1. Now as a cat lover I should be thoroughly offended, but I let out a hoot what I saw this card. HILARIOUS, Glo! I LOVE it! that heat embossing is cool but I really have no idea how you did that (and would be too chicken to try anyway!) LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this rock.
    Absolutely stunning. Love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! Perfect saying to go with the images!!!!
    XO Curseteen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. Love it! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 16.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! I love the sentiment and those images you chose for this card are perfect. Great job and thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore that one!!! Made me smile!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I chuckled when I seen your sentiment. HILARIOUS! I love this image and I have 2 of his images myself. Must use them soon!! Love your card - so cool! Kewl. Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. now this is just so amazing, so unique and dare I say the word AWESOME (dude hehe doesn't sound right sayin that and not being american) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I see someone use this cat, I realize I need to buy it, then I forget. I need to get on that and get that darn cat, I'm not a cat person but I love that cat. The other thing is I really haven't taken a liking to the "Bat Boy" and then I see your card and I love it. I think I need to buy him as well. I always think it's the highest form of flattery when a piece of artwork or card makes someone want to buy a stamp that they otherwise wasn't interested in. You've definitely inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, it's brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! I love that sentiment and the cat stamp! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant - fantastic images and sentiment - my monies on Kitty though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant. great words and the cat looks just he belongs there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny! Thanks for joining us at SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it - but I don't think I want my lovely cats eaten!!

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.