Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Alice in Wonderland Mixed Media

I have been a fan of the artwork of Sarah aka Star
for quite some time. Like many years ago when I first saw her 
Chibi artwork on the Spesch Designer Stamps site. 
Now she has her own shop selling her awesome artwork directly at
I had to grab the Alice in Wonderland images and make something 
cool with them, so I made a wall hanging that I'm pretty proud of.

I am super happy with how this turned out.
I began with a drawer insert I had that served as a perfect substrate.
I gessoed it and adhered some distressed vintage feeling designer papers. 
Then, I stenciled some diamonds on it using Finnabair platinum crackle paste,
keeping it kind of random. 

I colored up the adorable Alice image in blue greens and beige shades
of Copics. I added in some gold tones and a hint of red, too.
I matted the image onto some distressed background papers to add more texture
and contrast.  

I used some metal embellishments along with various die cuts from Tim Holtz.
I covered the clock and gear die cuts with Golden Pearl Mica Flake and colored it
using TH distress inks. I also used some gold and amber shades of dew drops, 
and some hand colored paper roses in blue greens, as well.  

Then it was the Mad Hatter's turn to get some
color. More beige and blue green shades of Copic coloring.
I added some pops of red to give some nice contrast too.

More die cuts, roses, and dew drops were added to finish it all off
and provide some balance to the entire piece.
I made this for my bestie and she loves it. It now hangs in her craft room.

Thanks for dropping by today.

I'd like to enter this wall hanging in the following challenges:
hope it's not too cute for you guys



     


18 comments:

  1. What a cool mixed media project-I wish I could do stuff like this! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING!!!! :0) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome wall hanging! Your Alice and Mad Hatter are colored perfectly! I love all the details you put on it! Thanks for sharing with us at Unicorn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwah this is perfect TFS
    Unicorn Ch Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool project! I love how you made it vertical. Awesome images of Alice and the Mad Hatter and beautifully done. thanks so much for joining us at SASPC with your steampunk piece! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute ans crafty!! I love Alice in Wonderland! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Alice artwork!
    Thanks so much for adding this to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute hanging ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Dark Attic
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute mix media project!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab, fab colouring and some wonderful texture on your gorgeous wall hanging! Wow!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful creation. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck..Genny DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally beautiful you are right to be proud of it! Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, absolutely LOVE this. Wonderful colors and textures. Love it.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be proud of this too..it's fabulous..and a great entry for our challenge this month over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How truly wonderful altering a drawer insert and using such quirky Alice charactors - love it and yes you should be proud of your art work. Thanks for joining us over at Altered Eclectics and Rhedd's Creative Spirit - yes I have 2 DT hats on lol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! i could NEVER do all that, let alone visualize it!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome creation!
    Thank You for entering the June challenge at Crafts and Me. Please pop back soon to enter our July challenge and see if you're a winner x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The beautiful background on this really takes the images to another level - Love it!!! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.