Thursday, June 30, 2016

Butterfly + Sprite = A Wonderful Delight!!

Well, Mitzi of Aurora Wings had been at it again.
This time she has drawn a new insect Sprite.
It's available in her shop today. And there are actually TWO images 
for the price of one! That's right, two butterflies are always better than one.
Mitzi has generously included the fancy version, with more wing detailing,
and a version with less wing details. Nice, right?
The image is available HERE.

As is my usual style, I went with a rather unusual color palette 
for my butterfly. I matched my coloring up with a paper pad from 
KaiserCraft called, 'Violet Crush'. How could I pass up the perfect
 opportunity to use this gorgeous butterfly paper?

I pulled the colors from the Violet and Red Violet Copic families.
Some of my favorite color families, by the way.
They matched perfectly with the papers for a flawless coupling.
Since I never choose conventional flesh tones for my Sprites, and
I had already used the purples and pink tones for the wings and outfit,
I was left with black for my actual skin tone. And when looking at 
actual butterflies (and the ones on the paper) it seemed the right choice.
And I have always been partial to purple and black together.
Must be my inner Goth...   

I used a new stitched circle die to cut out my Sprite,
and layered it onto a scalloped circle die cut and a black
doily. I edged the doily with silver Stickles for my necessary bling,
and to match the Stardust pen I used on the wing details 
(since my white Posca pen took a dirt nap half way through),
and the silver foiling on the strip of background paper.
I also heat embossed "hello" with silver embossing powder to
keep everything matchy matchy.
Lastly, I used a piece of satin lacy trim behind the main image
for more interest and texture.

I had to add some kind of background around the Sprite
for contrast, so I used some Toner Copics in a dotting
technique, and then muted it with a colorless blender pen.
I also added some white dots with my trusty Gellyroll pen,
and few Stardust dots, too.

I am loving how this one turned out! Super cute and in my favorite
color scheme! I may be hanging onto this one for myself.

Be sure to pop by the Aurora Wings Showcase blog to see all of the
stunning samples for this new sweetie.
And maybe even stop by the Aurora Wings Etsy shop to pick up this
gorgeous and versatile image. And remember, it's a two-fer!

  I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Taggers - I Believe I Can Fly 


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and imagines

    Thank you for joining in ar Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, she HAD to be purple! I mean could you have found a more perfect paper? Yummy, yummy! Love the silver details and I see your stitched dies must have made it after all. Gorgeous work, Glo! Fabulously dramatic with the black! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real sweet image, thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at tiot's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices for the image! The paper is absolutely perfect too!

    Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Lots of Layers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing entry! Thank you for joining TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just wonderful and I love the way you highlighted her. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the violets on this baby, Glo! Gorgeous coloring - I especially love the way you colored her wings and the dotty background. The butterfly DP is so gorgeous, too. What a perfect match! Thank you so much for this stunning inspiration for the Butterfly Sprite showcase. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour combination you have used! She is a real beauty! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this! An awesome take with the cute image and the colouring is fab.
    Thanks for joining in at MMM.
    Fliss DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.