Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Can't contain the creepy

First off, the sun is actually shining today! It's been like 10 days straight of rain and gloom. I need my vitamin D, or I get all pastey and foul. I would not fair well in a place like Seattle or somewhere that doesn't get much sun. Those periods of complete dark in Alaska would kill me, but I guess you make up for it with the days of straight daylight. I'll stay in California, thank you very much.

Okay, when I saw this guy in the digital images section of Hambo stamps, I knew I had to have him and I knew exactly what Hambo sentiment I would pair with him.
I'm still a bit torn over using the Martha Stewart DP, but it's finished and it looks 'aight'.

I had a blast making him look like he had just been in surgery. I used the "booger sucker thingy" to give the illusion of blood spatter on his coat. I had to pop his hands and brain up on pop dots, because when I used the crystal effects to give it all a wet look, the
c-rap never turned clear! It stayed opaque. Boo.Hiss. I think that stuff is pretty old, so I threw it out so I'm not tempted to possibly ruin another project.

(inside sentiment)

This is one of my favorite sentiments from those kooky kids over at Hambo. 
I know just the post-op guy who deserves this card - and a laugh.

11 comments:

  1. I laughed loud out the moment I saw your card, Gloria. It is absolutely fantastic!!! The colouring, the blood spatters all over, the blue glow around the scientist, the sentiment - EVERYTHING!!! It's creepy alright and simply glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and gross, all at the same time, so of course I LOVE it! LOL I can't believe that DP is from Martha Stewart. Really? Wow, jail must have changed her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Me likey a lot! Love the sentiment... I'm still giggling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO...I think he took my brain!!! He looks like he enjoyed the lobotomy too much he took his project home to play some more...lol! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa, that is so funny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the booger sucker blood spatter technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious!! The green pants are very scary indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sick!(I mean that in a good way!)LOL! This is SO funny! I had to show my DH! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness ~ I love your blog. I found you thru Gabby's Confessions of a Stamper.

    Halloween is my *FAV* holiday and your blog gives me such inspiration. Your very talented!
    I'll be back for more.
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.