Thursday, May 5, 2016

Punny Veggies ATC


I don't get to play along with Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge
very often. Nor do I get to use these super cute veggie digis very often either. 
So when I saw that the current theme at WW is "Fruits and Veggies",
I made it happen.

After coloring up both the radish and the carrot, I grabbed some
watercolor paper and laid down some TH Distress inks using my aqua brush.
I thought that wasn't enough interest, so I over did it with black and white 
Dylusions splatters and some Platinum Stickles. I kind of wish I had
stopped with just the watercolor background now, but oh well.
I hand wrote the punny sentiment, and edged the entire ATC with Crystal Stickles.
Pretty quick and very fun to make.  
The images are from The Doodle Garden, 
but I can't find a current shop for them anywhere.
I guess Jennifer Nilsson only creates images for licensing now. 
That's too bad for us crafters, since her images are so flippin' cute. 

I'd like to enter this ATC in the following challenges:


9 comments:

  1. I don't think you overdid it at all. Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ATC - those images are super cute. I really like the background, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable and your sentiment ROCKS! Fabulous handwriting (you beotch! ;D) Love the artsy background, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha what a fun play on words. Love the look on their faces. Gorgeous . Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the splatters helped to give it a little depth and layer. It was a good choice. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love those images too! Fun ATC! Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe you colored these veggies! They look like purchased stickers! Such an adorable ATC and so funny! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! I love the humor! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.