Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Debbie Downer

Mother's Day just isn't what it used to be since my Mother died.
It's been three years and I felt like I was going to okay, but I wasn't.
I spent time making Mother's Day cards and gifts for the wonderful and loving
women in my life, but when Sunday morning came around, I found myself
to be melancholy, foul tempered, and even inconsolable at one point. 
Man, I hate that. I hate being such a Debbie Downer. It's really not my style.
But it happened, and it will probably happen again next year.
So I decided to drown my sorrows in my art journal.

I began with two Stampotique stamps I have yet to ink up yet,
They remind me of a mother and daughter, so I felt they were fitting.
And my Mom and I are rather dark and weird, so it works.

I colored Tetewea in sepia/YR Copic tones to give the feeling of 
an image from the past. I used a frame die cut and doodled on it using
 a Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pen.  


Then I did a bit of journaling. Nothing too deep,
but it gets the point across that I miss my mom. A lot.

I gave L'il Tatawea red hair like mine, and colored her to match those
hideous background papers I was trying to use up. I actually like the way
they all work together now in this layout.

Lastly, I stamped out 'Daniel's Hearts', colored them using
red and black Copics, and then fussy cut them all out to scatter
around the layout to covey all the love that is still there between us.   

I'd love to enter this in the following challenges:





  

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous Glo. I love those stamps you've used and the layout. excellent project. thanks for sharing at LOC, mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, love your text.......makes me a little bit sad too....Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and heartfelt journal page with so many great details.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and so heartfelt, Glo. Love the Mom and daughter images you chose. Sooo YOU. Got news for you though, it never gets better, but that's okay. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful <3
    Send you big hugs <3

    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had a sad day. I completely understand. My father passed away in 2005 of cancer. We were very close and he took half of me with him. It's good to see that you fueled it creatively instead of destructively. Lots of hugs. ...And it's a wonderful journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful ♥♥♥

    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week. Hugs Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful page for your journal. I love the images and design. Beautiful words. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you share your creepy card with us at The Dark Attic
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great make that came out of pain.I loved everything about your creation. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck. Genny DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is something really special. With these images and the text.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck in the draw, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this it's marvellous!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful a fantastic work !
    Thanks for joining in the SDC blog this week
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry you had such a tough Mother's Day, but your page is lovely. Thank you for playing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool and fun card. Thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.