Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Minky Girl!!!

One of my newer Stampotique stamps is
called, "Minky Girl".
Isn't she lovely?
Well, I think she's simply divine!

The current challenge over at
"Red, Orange, and Yellow".
Next to the color blue, those are probably the colors
I use the least often.
Talk about a challenge! 

I stamped, heat embossed, and colored "Minky" with Copics.
I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks (loving these!) to paint the 
background around the image to match the bg paper. I also
(over) used them to distress the whole thing and give it a grungy feel.
I added some chipboard fleurs and some red half pearls to tie it all
together  and give it more interest and balance.

I threw in a pretty fleur for the first picture,
but found that it made the red in the card appear more pink.
I took out the pretty fleur and want to submit this for the aforementioned,

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is spectacular! I really love how you gave Minky green skin!! Awesome! So glad you've joined us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Love your Minky Girl! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 35.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! It looks so colourful and bright. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee Glo! Looks like you're a natural with those colors. LOL No, seriously, I really love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so not your usual style but I think it looks superb. She is well cool and really does suit those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Just love your Minky.. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, such a nice summery feel. Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish these stamps weren't so friggin expensive. The last time I ordered from Stampotique I bought 4 stamps and they worked to be $19 a piece after shipping. I just about peed myself. Minky is creepy but cute. Love how you made her all girl like with these colors. That smudged background looks great!! Fabulous job GF!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Minky! She's on my wish list! Great design and colouring with Copics! I love creepyness! This is Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great layout, love all the vibrant colors of this card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, love the stamp and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.