Monday, August 29, 2011

Creepy Cool Yule

The concept of making holiday cards all year long
is one that makes perfect sense. How nice to have all
of your cards ready to mail by Dec. 1st., as opposed
to making cards right up until Xmas eve?
Been there, done that.

There is a cool blog called,
and they have weekly challenges to help inspire you
to  create your holiday cards throughout the year.
I haven't really played along much, since the
thought of dragging out my Christmas supplies
before Hallowe'en is sort of blasphemous in my mind.
But...

I managed to combine the two, and created this
killer little holiday card.
I used a creepy, stitched up elf image from

I used some vellum and an EK web punch, some Stickles,
and some matching ribbon. The dp was already sparkly, so
it all played nice together. I colored the main image in a
monochromatic color scheme (using G82, 94, and 99) so I could
play along at CSAYL this week with their mono outbreak.  

Thanks for stopping by today.
I'll be back on Wednesday with my Macabre Monday
project using another Dilly Bean image.   

7 comments:

  1. OMG this is the best crimbo card I have EVER seen. I so so so love this. WOW x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! That cutie image has been colored perfectly!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh GLO! I LOVE the way you colored her! I'm so gonna CASE this! Gorgeous way to use the web, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool! I love what you did with the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, love the colours, spidy web and glitter! Perfect!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I shared my mono with you - love love love your card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card rrrocks !! love it !! cute but daaaark :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.