Thursday, March 17, 2011

My head hurts!

Here is my latest creation for the Macabre Monday
challenge at Haunted Design House.
"Alas, poor Yorick" is the theme and the challenge
is to use some skulls, or just one in this case.

I used a paper mache mask from Mike's, painted it with
white and glow in the dark acrylic paints. I cut the hole
out quite effortlessly,  with a craft knife and then painted the
entire mask with some silver and sapphire pearl paints. I dabbed
the wet paint with a wet paper towel to wipe away most of the paint,
just leaving some shadows. Painted on some cracks and now
it's time for clay.

Next up are the clay props. I used alot of glow in the dark clay
for the fingernails and the eyeball which all glow quite fiercely,
but I couldn't get it to photograph at all.

Lastly, I glued everything into place with some
killer Super Glue craft and modeling glue from the
Dollar Store.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now, but
it is a mask and all. I'll probably find a place to display
it somewhere....

Just a quick random note here regarding the
"Face Off" finale on the Syfy channel last night.
WTF?! Conner?! Really?!
I was so mad!!!!! I think I still am mad!
My first pick to win was immediately Tate. That guy
is insanely talented and showed that throughout the show.
His finale piece was phenomenal! I loved Gage's creation also
and thought he was the other forerunner for sure.
Conner is very talented, but he seems a bit strange and
safe in his concepts. Syfy is accepting apps for the new
season right now. Wish I had a better knowledge of
prosthetics and make up effects. I'd enter in a heartbeat!

And now some music for St. Patty's Day...

  


7 comments:

  1. Fan-freakin'-tastic work, Glo! You've outdone yourself once again... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't want to live inside your head, the voices must be crazy... great job! help out that inner demon...

    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Gloria, I love the contrast between the hands and the skull, a really eyecatching item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me right now? You really made that skull? Of course you did. That is abso-freakin-lutely AMAZING. Ugh! So cool!!!

    YEAH, CONOR? Gah, I felt the same. Don't get me wrong, Conor has been solid in every challenge, but I really think Tate or Gage would have gotten that. I picked Gage for the winner of that challenge, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super amazing! Love it.

    And the Dropkick Murphy's....it is a good day to check the blogs indeed.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy flying sheeeeeeetz girlie...you totally went to the extreme...all I can say is yumminess...you got it going on....

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! Beautiful mask! It needs a black light shadow box for proper display!

    I agree with you re: Connor's Face Off win. He seems to be a skilled creator ... but compared to Gage? Gage is an *artist*!

    Hopefully next season they'll consult us before choosing a winner. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.