Thursday, October 25, 2018

Who are you calling an Oddball?!

Man, it has been far too long since I've blogged about what I've been creating.

In a nutshell, I've spent the last few weeks preparing for my very first vendor
spot at a local horror convention. I've been painting my ass of and working with 
polymer clay again, in the hopes of selling everything and making a huge profit
on all of my hard work. These are my people, after all.

Well, I guess the people with money didn't get the memo.
There was a two day music festival in town that weekend. Most of the vendors
didn't do very well, and some of us chose to blame our lack of sales on this single fact.
And the fact that we as vendors are competing for sales against awesome celebrities
who charge a small fortune for their photos and autographs.
Sacramento isn't quite the financial mecca that can sustain both types of spenders.
Either, or folks.

Anyhoo, it was a great experience, and I met some of the most amazing creatives.
It is so nice to be surrounded by like minded people who speak my language of
art and horror. I may try my luck again in June. This time I'll spend more time on
my original pieces. Live and learn.


And as if that update wasn't enough, I have a couple of fun cards I made for my
guest DT gig over at Oddball Art Stamps.
Yep, always an oddball, now it's official.

  The current challenge theme is Happy Horrors.

First up is one of the gals from the #469 Creepy Cute Horror Girls set.
This is the Vampire girl complete with her bat companion from another 
Oddball Art image #282 Beautiful Monsters
   
Super fun and simple theme made almost entirely of 
hoarded die cuts.

Colored both images with Copics and fussy cut out to create the scene.

Love Lizzy's bats!!!

Next, I used an image and background paper that were freebies from 
the Creepy Chronicles newsletter. All the more reason to subscribe, I'd say! 

She's gorgeous and so fun to create with.
She is from the CCC#18 edition.

I added some more of my ancient die cuts. They went perfectly
with the creepy cute striped background paper from the CCC#20 edition.  

This is the final creation, complete with die cuts, Copic colored main image, 
Nuvo drops, and don't forget that fabulous background paper.

I'll be back in a few more days with some more of my creepy concoctions
for my last guest spot with the Oddballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or just vent.