Monday, April 30, 2012

Who's your Momma?

Whew! Last week was a rough one, but I made it through.
Why is the word fun in funeral anyway?
As sick as I am (in the head), I have yet to have fun at one.

I decided to work on my Mother's Day cards, since it
 is quickly approaching and I have to send mine to Texas.

I finally got to use this beautiful image from Simply B stamps.
My dear friend, Andrea purchased this one for me a while back.
I used an embossing folder on the background, then accented
the embossing with some Burlap Distress ink, and some half pearls.

I also did a little cleaning up in Gimp, and removed some
pieces from the image to better suit my taste.
I colored her up using only two Copics, E81 and E87.
Glued on some fleurs and voila!


For this one I used one of the stunning flower images from
the uber talented, Teri at Delicious Doodles.
I added some black lace and some black half beads
to compliment the image with a nice contrast. 
My Mother's favorite color (or lack of) is black, so this
one is probably going to Texas.

Being a native California girl, I am drawn to the ocean
(even dungeon dwellers need sun sometimes) and poppies.
I decided to go with the Copic R20's instead of the
typical orange California poppy to color this one.
It is so easy to color this image with the wonderful shading
already included.

I have a couple more cards to get made for Mother's Day,
and then I am on to Father's Day. Yay.

I will be back tomorrow with a killer card for my
nephew's birthday. He likes Nazi Zombies.
That's my boy! 




5 comments:

  1. Awesome creations hun! Loving the girl on the first one. Love your colours on the second. Hope things are OK with you hun, my thoughts are with you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool images. The lady is so interesting - wonder what she is thinking? The flowers are beautiful too. Great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations, my friend. That is one of my fave Simply Betty images, love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to comment on this the other day but it just kept jumping out of box so I gave up. These are gorgeous cards. I was actually intimidated to use the first image and now well, let's just say no freaking way am I going near it now haha. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.