Monday, January 24, 2011

Tardy for the Party

Man, this weekend really got away from me!
It was the weekend before my husband's 40th birthday, and we were
getting all of our celebrating done early.
Did you know that it is impossible to make tamales without drinking tequila? 
Anyhoo....

It is with great sadness that I post my final DT card for the
Oh Alice! blog.
After almost a year of providing AIW fans with awesome inspiration
to create their very own Wonderland, Jessica is jumping
back down the rabbit hole to focus on future endeavours
and to try some new things too.
I am going to refocus on my Etsy shoppe and some other crafts that
I have been dying to try my hand at, but mainly just gonna scale
back to give myself more room to grow creatively.
This will be the final OA! challenge in it's current form, because the
insanely talented Lynne Philips has taken the reins and will be the
new Mad Hatter at her revamped Altered Alice blog
The challenges will still follow the same chapter format theme,
but now they will run monthly as opposed to a weekly challenge.  
Looks like someone has more time to play doesn't it?

The final challenge was a "goodbye" or a "hello" card, but I was feeling more
"thankful" than anything and made a thank you card instead.

I am so thankful to Jessica for inviting me to be a part of this
tremendouslytalented group of ladies.
I am thankful for the weekly challenges that took me out 
of my normal rut and kept the wonder and whimsy in my crafting.  

I used a great image of Disney's Alice and paired it with some
beautiful papers and stickers from Nikki Silvis Scrapbooker.

Thank you Oh Alice! 
I'll be stalking Lynne's Altered Alice blog
and may even find the time to play along!! 
You should too!
  


3 comments:

  1. This is just super fantastic and I think it would make a wonderful journal cover (etsy me thinks, cracks the whip!). You are so talented and so versatile that I can never second guess what will be on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW, this is just beautiful, Glo! I'm sorry to see you step down from the OA! team but I'm sure glad you're still a Minion! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUCH better late than never, what a wonderful card! So charming with the Disney image and such a nice farewell. Thanks for the big plug for my baby, The Altered Alice! And did you see your email recently? I sent something for you to look at although it may be way too late! I'll bet those tequila induced tamales were fantastic, and happy birthday hubby! I sure will miss working with you on the team, but I'll be blog-stalking you and I hope you'll find time to play along occasionally with the new monthly format!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.