Tuesday, October 4, 2016

What's my favorite quote(s)?

The new theme at SCD is to use your favorite quote
It is nearly impossible to narrow down my favorite quote
to just one, but I did manage to get the list knocked down to just two.
And surprisingly they are from the same person. And maybe even more
odd, they are from Maya Angelou. I know, right? 
Most may have guessed Edgar Allan Poe or Alfred Hitchcock
or Vincent Price ("I never met a monster I didn't like", is one of my very favorites.),
but Maya's words have always spoken to me on such a personal and fundamental 
level. I first heard her on an episode of Oprah and was struck by how 
beautifully she used her words to speak the truth. I love her.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have repeated this quote
to myself and to anyone who will listen. It is pure truth.
And has saved me from getting burned more than once by the same person. 

I used Twinkie #6103 and Topher #6198 to bring this journal page to life.
They are such weirdos and I love them so very much.
I also used some circles from the Circles Cube #6184 to add more interest.

Topher, always the silly weirdo.

And then there is this lovely lady with her "pearls of wisdom".
Perl #6071 is one of my most used stamps, only second to Karin

This quote speaks to me because I have always tried to be
anything but normal. And look at me now!! 
Abby Normal is my constant way of being. 
And I have been known to be pretty amazing at times.

I managed to sneak in some lovely girly-ness using some of the
gorgeous blooms from the Flower Cube 1 #5851. I even heat embossed them in gold.
I have quite a bit of neglected gold powders since I rarely use them. I really love how 
they give a feeling of beauty and fanciness here.

That's it for me today. Be sure to drop by the Stampotique Designer's Challenge
and see what everyone else has cooked up for this fun challenge theme. 

1 comment:

Feel free to comment or just vent.