Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Far Out, Man!!

Here it is, nearly Halloween and I have a totally NOT
Halloween themed project for you today.
Since I went back to work after being a housewife for the last
8 years, I have been really slacking on creativity and my mojo
has gone into hiding. I'm so worn out at the end of the day that
I'm usually in bed by 9 PM. I used to stay up all hours of the night
making fantastical things...
I digress.

This tag is for the current theme at Stampotique Designer's Challenge,
"Outer Space".

I kind of struggled with this theme, as I'm not a really
space-y type of chick. BUT, I did want to try my hand
at a galaxy background. 

I created the background using various spray inks like
Tim Holtz and Lindy's. I used the TH distress spray
in black soot to give the tag a base, and then added dark colors
of Lindy's sprays, drying between layers. I topped the darkness
with metallics and some white speckling to represent the stars.

I used Gonno #6203 as my space man. He looks like he's a bit
off balance to begin with, so this wasn't much of a stretch.

I used the Circles Cube #6184 and stamped the one with the
largest open area. It fit Gonno's face and a clear epoxy
sticker perfectly! And now our spaceman has a helmet.

   Lastly, I added some TH stars and some TH alphabet die cuts
to spell out "Space Case". I added some Stickles for sparkle and
more starry illusion. Fini!

Thanks for dropping by.

Be sure to pop by the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog
to see all of the far out creations made this week.

2 comments:

  1. haha! i love this! it's perfect right now too..there were 'lights' spotted in our night skies recently...no explanation given either. not Halloween, but still creepy cool!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.