Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bat in the house!!

A really good friend of mine, and her family, 
just moved into a new home.
A 7000 square foot home. 
More along the lines of a compound, actually.

This is my son in front of their little fireplace. 
It is about 15' across, and it goes up three stories.
Just a dinky thing!

So after touring her new digs I thought she would appreciate a 
handmade card to congratulate her on  the new place. 
She is also (or used to be) a card maker, and she has said 
she never receives cards, so I make sure to send her one 
every chance I get.  

Morgana's Castle Scene Digi
I decided to use this gorgeous image called, "Morgana's Castle" 
from Rick St. Dennis. I began coloring it in with Copics 
when I received a text from my friend telling me that every 
evening they watch the bats fly from their property to go hunting. 
"They're so cute!", she says in another text.
Then, I get a text a day later that reads: BAT IN HOUSE!
Not so cute when they're dropping guano in your living room, huh?
I decided right then, to modify the castle image slightly.

I inked up some random bat stamps and added them to castle.
Pretty clever, huh? My friend thought so! She loved her card.

Lastly, I used a Memory box die cut, and layered it with an oval punched sentiment from Stampin' Up.

You really should drop by Rick's Etsy shop, and take a look at all of
his amazing digital images. There is something for every taste and 
every occasion. It also pays to check out his blog as well. 
He has special offers that can only be  purchased exclusively
from his blog

5 comments:

  1. OOooh, such a cool card! Love the bats you added to fit the occasion! :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Is this ever gorgeous! Love the card, AND that fireplace Holy crap! I'd get lost in there. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really kewl card! I love the colors,especially love how you did the shading in the eerie green color. I have that same MB die and would never have thought to use it to accent a sentiment label. Awesome idea. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that die it's to 'die' for (sorry!). Gorgeous card, amazing colouring on a fab image, very cool adding the bats. Plus how tall is your boy! He looks so tall. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love my card!! Thanks for thinking of me chickie! I had bat flashbacks when I opened it. You're the BEST. You'll have to come over soon and I can introduce you to the snakes.....and coyotes.....and the biggest freaking bugs you've ever seen.
    Ahhh.....home sweet home in the country.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.