Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Macabre Monday on a Tuesday

Yup! Haunted Design House is back open for business!
And since we don't want to just shock you back into submission,
we made the first challenge for 2013 an easy one.
Freaker's Free for All!!
A haunted version of an "Anything Goes" theme.

Now, one might think that an anything goes challenge would be so easy.
But that is not the case for me. I have so many wicked ideas floating 
through my head like rotting carcasses floating down stream, 
that it is hard to let the bloat out of just one. 
Idea, that is.

This idea started with this awesome set of lenticular stickers from Recollections at Michael's.
Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved lenticular stuff. I had so many little television pencil sharpeners with the lenticular screen on them. 
Wish I still had those.

In case you aren't familiar with the term lenticular printing, it means: 
Lenticular printing is a technology in which lenticular lenses are used to produce printed images with an illusion of depth, or the ability to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles.  

I now have a gallery of lenticular vintage photos for my 
Hallowe'en displays. They even sell them at the Dollar Store!
Score!   

The vintage baby carriage/pram was the next bit of inspiration for my piece.
I bought this stamp from a company called, Stamper's Best
They have great prices on cling mount, and some really unique images available on naked rubber, or mounted onto cling. 
The image didn't stamp very clearly over all the texture, so I redrew it
(or traced it) with a black glaze pen. 
Not perfect, but it helps the image read better.

This type of image always brings to mind the movie poster and book cover for 
It's Alive! - 1974.
Creepy. Love it! 

This clock face is also from Stamper's Best. I colored it with Copics 
and then used Crackle Accents from Ranger on it for some age.  

Well, how did the little one pass, you may be wondering? 
I think Mama had a touch of the Munchausen Syndrome. 
Probably happened more than anyone would like to admit, 
back in the old days.

I broke out with all kinds of mediums for this project. 
I used acrylic paints, distress inks, rock candy distress crackle paint, 
distress Stickles, rubber stamps, wet embossing, gel pens, etc...
I have an issue with the whole, "Less is More" concept.
Just can't do it.


You still have until this Sunday evening to get in on the Macabre fun at Haunted Design House!
Please join us, won't you?     

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, well I pretty much say that about ALL babies. LOL (JK, sort of) Super cool collage affect, my dear. You're jammin'with your new technique. Love reading the story about your piece. You're my hero! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.