Here is my Smeared Ink project for the week.
I am only a few pages short of completing my very first art journal (thanks, Suzie!),
and I thought this would make a neat page.
I turned them into png images using Gimp, meaning I made the
backgrounds transparent so that I could layer them into one complete image.
I covered the jar with Glossy Accents, but apparently the medium wasn't
completely dry, which I learned after putting a heavy object on top
of it to make it lay flat. When I pulled up the object, part of the elephant
was stuck to the bottom. I added more accents to the ruined spots and
let it dry overnight.
I used the same process for this little bear, and even
used the no-lines coloring technique on him as well.
I was hoping it would make him look more realistic.
No Glossy Accents on this one. I didn't want to take a
chance on ruining this one once it was colored.
Same technique here as well, using the Death Cab Hearse #1 image,
and some of my favorite medium, Crackle Accents from Inkssentials.
I made the background using Dylusions Spray Inks, and a couple of
Tim Holtz stencils, and a stamp. I used the water spritz technique to remove some color,
and I drew on a little spider web, and attached teeny, punched spiders all over.
That's it for me.
I have three Mother's day cards to make today.
Not feelin' it, but that's not their fault. I miss my Mom worse
this year than I did last year. Been plagued by random tears yesterday
and today. Weird how the subconscious works....