Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday double whammy

I had quite a productive weekend, and I have two killer projects
to share with you today.

First up is my HDH Macabre Monday Poe inspired project.    
How can you go wrong with a crackle effect portrait of Edgar for starters?
It can only get better from here on out.

I went with an overall graveyard theme for this project.
Poe's writings seem to follow the theme of death and mourning. Obsessively so.    

I used a Tim Holtz quill nib and attached it to a black (Raven) feather.
I also used the graveyard die from Quickutz for the bottom border.  

I cut out the letters for Poe using the Haunted mini alphabet from Quickutz.
I used a Sakura stardust pen to add some sparkle without the use of glitter.
Poe wouldn't approve of glitter.

Lastly, I popped the panel into a shadow box frame.
Very pleased with this one.
Please join us over at HDH for our Poe inspired challenge.


And then next is my project for the challenge at Forever Friends.
Forever Friends is having an anything goes challenge, and are 
being sponsored by Rick St. Dennis.


I made a sweet Valentine card for my husband.

I used the awesome Zombie Soft Centers image from Rick St. Dennis.
What a handsome guy! 


I took advantage of the opportunity to use Glossy Accents on the soft and chewy bits in the heart shaped box. 
Had to go for the glistening, wet look here.   

And more Glossy Accents on Mister Zombie's big blue eyes.
Something tells me this guy can really make your eyes water.

Thanks for dropping by today.
I hope you get a chance to visit Haunted Design House 
and Forever Friends as well.

Keep it Creepy!!

   


9 comments:

  1. Defo two killer projects. Love them both but that valentine is AMAZING xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK !!!! Totally mindblowin' POE project... awesome :-)
    Bwahahahaha - FF is gonna' freak when this goes in LoL !!! Can you imagine all those fluffy teddies getting a gander at this puppy ???!!! Hahahahahaha Fabulous creation and ace bona colouring Glo xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy ghost sheets! Amazing! Creep it up Glow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That crackle Poe portrait is absolutely fab and you've really captured a totally haunting vibe. And your Valentine is so utterly divine, although it may put me off my choccies for a bit. Gorgeous coloring. Love them both! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh fabulous projects- adore them both- you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful poe inspired shadow box. love the crackle effect and the whole piece screams classy.
    fab colouring on the rsd image x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are fabulous...as usual! I love the way you color digital images. I have not yet to even begun to touch the surface of coloring but would like to learn how YOU do it...what markers do you use and any tips would be greatfully appreciated.

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    http://4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.