Friday, November 13, 2015

Christmas Sprites Coloring Book Showcase

It seems like I have barely begun making Halloween projects, 
and here it is almost Thanksgiving!!
And even more shocking, it's time to begin Christmas shopping...
Kill me now...

I think I'll ease into the holiday with a sweet little warm up in the
shape of an adorable Christmas Sprite.

Why stop there? I have three of the cutest, and newest Christmas Sprites
to share with you today. They are part of a new Aurora Wings mini coloring book.
These three images (along with three others)  will not be sold individually as digis.
They are only available in the new Christmas Sprite Mini Coloring Book  
featuring 12 Sprites in all, which is currently available for pre-order at the 
Aurora Wings store envy shop.     

Yes, I know she's kind of sickeningly sweet (in a good way), 
but I was going for a non-traditional color scheme. 
And I think we can all agree,
this is a very nontraditional color scheme.

I wasn't actually trying for a Cotton Candy Sprite,
but this Wreath Sprite can obviously double for one
with the right colors. I used Copic RVs and some Rs
to achieve the cherry pink and baby pink coloring.

I gave the entire wreath and the stripes on her bow
a healthy dusting of  Rock Candy Distress Dry Glitter.
I also edged her furry bits with white flocking, and the stars
are covered with Diamond Stickles.  
This baby is sparkly!!

I chopped up a snowflake border and added it to the corners
to bring in the glittery gold a bit more. I had to try and break
up all that pink.  

Very fun to color this cutie!

Next up is the Amaryllis Sprite.

I am quite happy with how well this card came together.
I lucked out big time with the perfectly matching paper.
I rarely color my projects after choosing a paper. I admit it does
make for easier crafting when you choose your papers first,
but my brain is not naturally wired that way. 

.
This little bit of gorgeousness was a dream to color!
I like to google images before I start coloring flowers in particular.
I like to choose a color scheme that is not unrealistic, but more on the
non-traditional side. I immediately think of a scarlet red when I think
of Amaryllis, not a variegated red violet.    


Seemed a fitting sentiment. 

Not an obvious Christmas card, since I hid the only snowflake behind
the Sprite's head. I have a bunch of birthday's coming up, so this
will also make a perfect birthday card. 

Lastly, I have the cutest Stocking Sprite to share with you.

Super cute, right?

I went with another non-traditional color palette of
purples, yellow greens and blue greens.

I had fun coloring and decorating this stocking.
I used Liquid Applique for the snowballs and the fuzzy
parts of the snowman's hat. FYI, don't be impatient while waiting for your
Liquid Applique to run down to the tip, and decided it might be a good
idea to use your heat gun to speed up the painfully slow process.
It is not a good idea. The plastic of the pen is super thin and will,
and does melt very quickly. 

Okay, that's it for today's special sneak peek of the soon to arrive
If you just can't wait to start coloring up Sprites, there is a wonderful 
sale going on at the Aurora Wings Etsy shop.



Be sure to stop by the Aurora Wings Showcase blog to see all
of the incredibly gorgeous sample projects the DTs have made for this
coloring book release. And also to get more info on pre-ordering your
very own Christmas Sprite Mini Coloring Book.




5 comments:

  1. OMG, Glo! These couldn't be more precious! I always love the non traditional color schemes you choose, and regardless of whether you choose DP first or not, they're always spot on. Each sample has it's own special quality and I love them all, but I gotta say, that Baby Grinch in the stocking is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm in awe of your vision and the shading of every element (especially the snow) blows me away. I can't stop giggling at his sweet little green face. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun post to scroll down with all your cuties showcased with multiple closeup shots for all the GLOrious details! :D Love your non-traditional color palettes on all of them. Love the cotton candy Christmas Wreath - totally unexpected, but most certainly sweet - and the Baby Grinch Stocking Sprite, my favorite!!! I was surprised to see no red-and-white Amaryllis from anyone who worked on the Amaryllis Sprite - wonder if everyone was drawn to the same beautiful photo that became the color inspiration. Hehe. Thank you so much for three stunning inspirations for today's showcase at Aurora Wings, Glo!

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Glo these are just too cute for words, I especially love your adorable little baby Grinch popping his head out of the beautifully coloured little Christmas stocking:) Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much fun visiting your blog! Your coloring is always perfect as it is with these three projects. As Mitzi said, your color palettes are so creative. All your layouts and embellishments are too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful projects Gloria, simply love your colouring of the Amaryllis Sprite and the white glitter wreath is fab x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.