Monday, January 16, 2017

Aurora Wings Challenge #42: Asian Inspired

Wow! Here it is 2017, and my very first post in months.
I have missed sharing my art, but since I started working 
last September, I wasn't able to create much, so there really
wasn't much to share.
I quit my shitty job, and am getting ready to embark on a new 
career path very soon. In the mean time, I have located my mojo,
and am creating like a mad woman. I even finished some older
projects that have been collecting dust for months, if not a year or more.

The new challenge over at the Aurora Wings challenge blog is 

I have loved this image since I first saw it, but when my incredibly talented
DT sisters have created with it they do such an amazing job I was afraid I
couldn't do it justice. I gave it a go anyway...

I have used the beautiful, Chrysanthemum Festival image,
available in the Aurora Wings etsy shop.

As is my usual style, I have chosen to work with very non traditional colors.
I'm in the mood for some bright, springtime colors. 

I used pinks to give a nice contrast to the heavily saturated purple and blue green.

After coloring, I used some stitched rectangle dies and a complimentary
designer paper to finish it all off.
I have such a hard time embellishing these gorgeous images. 
I think they stand alone as a stunning focal point to any project.
And besides, I don't have any cool Asian themed dies or embellies, anyway...

Thanks for stopping by today.
Be sure to drop by the Aurora Wings challenge blog to see more
eye candy and samples for the new theme of 2017!!     

  

4 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad to see your crafting again and what a beauty you've produced. I've missed you, Chickie! I adore your coloring and always expect something "non traditional" and of course you didn't disappoint. Gorgeous work with Chrysanthemum Festival. I sooo love that image. Don't you EVER doubt your abilities. You ROCK! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear you've found your mojo again, Glo! I LOVE what you've done with the Chrysanthemum Festival image here. You have such a signature color style that's easy to spot. The shades of purple in this project are so beautiful on her kimono and the blooms. The way you shaded her face gives her a delightfully creepy look! Thank you so much for this stunning inspiration for our first challenge of 2017 at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She reminds me of the girl from The Ring - if she had turquoise hair and not black. You know that's a huge compliment, right? Glad you got your crafting mojo back ... I've been missing seeing projects from ya!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.