Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Just put a BUG on it!!

It is no big secret that I have a love for bugs.
I don't mind ones that are alive and doing their buggy business,
but I prefer the dead ones encased in acrylic or under glass.
That way I can check them out up close and personal without
harming them in any way. Or getting stung or bit in the process.

The new theme over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge is
That was my suggestion for a challenge theme, and how cool that it
was chosen to begin right before my birthday. Yay for me.

I am kind of loving how this card turned out.

I used the bee stamp from the Birds & Bugs Cube #6117 ,
by Daniel Torrente.

This is the very first time I've used the bee, but now he's one of my
favorites. I stamped him three times onto acetate using a rather old and sticky 
Stazon pad. It worked, but I need a new black Stazon pad for future stamping.
Lastly, I glittered him on one side three different times, using different glitters.
I flipped one bee to give me a mirrored image to use as well.
    
In retrospect, I should have used glossy accents and glitter, but I was trying
to cut corners and just used a glue pen as the adhesive. Not as good glitter
adhesion and coverage that way, but it did dry pretty fast.
I used the Tall Word Collage #7167 for the wording. Such a great stamp with so 
many options for word play. 

And for the star of the show, I used Kassa's Bloom #14014.
I heat embossed it in white, and then colored it using TH distress inks and
the mini sponge applicators. My favorite part was splattering water on it
to create all of the bleached out droplets. I used a stitched circle die to cut it out,
and backed it up with some layered doilies.


Bee sure to drop by the SDC blog and check out all of the inspiration
that has been created for this challenge.
Thanks for buzzin' by!!



2 comments:

Feel free to comment or just vent.