Sunday, July 22, 2012

Smudgetastic Monster ATCs


In yet another attempt to step outside of my cozy, creative box,
I am making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) for the very first time.
I was inspired to play along over at
with their theme of "Famous Monsters".
I have never made an ATC before, and when I have wanted to
play along with Jenn's challenges in the past, I usually already exceeded
the  size requirements. I tend to work much larger than 3.5" X 2.5". 

Well, not this time!
I have a bunch of awesome digital images from my
Sister Minion Andrea, who is the creative mastermind behind,
Our Challenge Blog

I ended up using a few images to make a few ATCs.
I just couldn't stop! So fun!!!!

This is "Drakilly".
I backed him with glittery bat paper and glittery spider tape. 

Everyone's favorite burn victim, "Freddy Krueger".
I backed him with some Hallowe'en scraps (which is perfect for ATCs!)
and the ever popular, MS Drippy Goo punch, complete with Stickles.


I also added some clear glaze Sakura pen to his face and hand for
some texture on Fred's burns. 

Lastly, I have used, The Bride of Frankenstein,
but I'm not sure if she's available in the shop or not. 

Stop by Smudgetastic Digis, they have a bunch of
cool and versatile images to work into any project!

Then, check out the Famous Monsters challenge at




12 comments:

  1. very cool, watching freddy verses jason as i type...love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Wonderful colors - you do green sooo well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fantastic - cannot believe this is your first time making ATC's! You're a natural - I expect you back weekly, girlfriend! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - these are sooo inspiring.. I fancy making one now. I am a newby too to ATCs :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring skills are just phenomenal! I have never made an ATC either but these are freaking brilliant, might have to try a couple myself although they would be crass compared to yours. Thanks so much for making my images look insanely brilliant. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG these are just fantastic!!!! Love the images!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!! Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are amazing! You're coloring is beautiful even on monsters!! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! I hope you'll be making more in the future, for I'd love to swap ATCs with you one day! Really cool atcs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here!

    Love what you said and did for Freddy.
    Super creative

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my dear, you look like an ATC pro! Aren't they fun? Your coloring really IS insane. All are just fabulous! Can't pick a fave. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful coloring and fab drippy, gooey blood...I'm loving everything about this awesome ATC's! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.