Saturday, August 24, 2013

Simply Steampunk Hallowe'en

Today I have the honor of being a part of the new release
I was asked to guest DT for Betty's new line of
Hallowe'en Steampunk images, drawn by the uber talented,

I was given Rio Gone Batty to work with.
Isn't she gorgeous?!
I felt she deserved a place in my Hallowe'en themed
paper bag scrapbook.  

I added Rio to a scientific diagram of a bat using Gimp.
Then I colored her up in my favorite color scheme, using 
Copics in violet, yellow red, and yellow greens. Oh, and blue violet
for her skin. I added some distress inks on the bat background and 
some distressing with a sanding block and scissors. 

I added one of my hoarded (it's okay, I know I'm a hoarder) Hallowe'en stickers.
I even went so far as to cut out the samples on the packaging for even more
hoardable embellishments. It's a sickness.... 

Lastly, I layered some MS punched fence and other various Halloweenie
type embellishments on top for a nice complete scene. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Keep it creepy!!
And remember: 
Only 68 more days until Hallowe'en!!!




5 comments:

  1. Wow, love how you merged Rio with the bat and your colouring is awesome, all the embellies are great too, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I love the background ( creepy), definitely sets the mood for your beautifully colored image of Rio.
    Lisa ( SSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEKKK!!! I just love your coloring and fab creepy scene. So happy to have you join us this month, Chickie. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect Glo! Love it and a great paper bag to go w/ your album!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.