Monday, April 18, 2016

April Showers Bring Many Flowers

Now that California has finally gotten a considerable amount of rain
my garden is in full bloom! Sadly, this is the only Iris plant of mine to 
produce flowers so far, but I'll gladly take what I can get.

In keeping with the flowery theme, the new challenge at Aurora Wings is
Say it with Flowers.
You really can't go wrong there. Mitzi's artwork is full of delicious
flowers of all kinds. Take your pick!    

Since I am still working on the wedding album for my Aunt and Uncle, 
I decided to go with the new hibiscus set available in the Aurora Wings Etsy shop

It's almost like Mitzi created these gorgeous flowers especially for this Hawaiian wedding.
They are perfect!  

This border design is probably my favorite of the four images
offered in this set.  

How cool to have a ukulele player and a conch blowing officiant
presiding over your wedding! Can't get much more Hawaiian than that. 

This cluster of three hibiscus is just what this page needed.

Honestly, the hardest part of coloring these flowers was choosing
the color scheme. There were so many options, but I tried to stay true
to the Hawaiian Hibiscus colors. I started off with a hot pink flower with a bright
yellow edge, but was unable to get the blend to work. I'm kind of glad now,
as I'm not sure that combo would have worked well with these photos.
Everything happens for a reason, right?    

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you'll take a moment to drop by the Aurora Wings challenge blog
and check out the flowery feast the DT have created featuring various
flower inspired projects showcasing Mitzi's gorgeous images. 

Mahalo!

4 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the Hibiscus set I KNEW they'd be YOURS! How perfect for your fabulous album and I agree, the border is especially stunning. Reminds me of a lei. Great color choice for these gorgeous pages. You must be getting close to done, by now. Your Aunt and Uncle are going to be so thrilled xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome scrapbook pages, Glo! Hibiscus flowers do come in wide variety of colors to make decisions difficult, indeed. I think your color combo here is perfect for the photos on these pages like you said. Lots of white - fresh, delicate, and perfect for wedding photos. I so want to see the thumb-through video or a slide show of your finished wedding album!! Thank you so much for these stunning inspirations for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album is really looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, it so reminds me of my Honeymoon in Hawaii and all the beautiful flowers everywhere, I am sure your Aunt and Uncle will adore the album x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.