Monday, November 17, 2014

You little Turkey!

Hi, remember me?
I posted daily for the entire month of October,
and then I fell off the face of the earth.
Actually, I took a small hiatus from crafting and it felt pretty good.
Sometimes you just have to recharge your creative battery.

I am back today with a new image and a new challenge from 

Everyone loves an 'Anything Goes' challenge, right?
Well, you have an entire month to get something made
this new challenge.

I was inspired by this little guy from Aurora Wings.
He's a 'Turkey Sprite', and can be found here.
I usually pull up reference photos when coloring something
that is actually real. I like my images to look as realistic as possible, 
unless it's a fantasy image. While looking for cool turkey feather coloring
I noticed that some turkeys have a vibrant blue head. And since I like
my sprites to be anything but flesh toned, I went with the bright blue
coloring. I really like the pop of cool color in this earth toned card.    

This is from Stampin' Up. Never ever used before today.
I outlined the sentiment with Cinnamon and Paprika Stickles.

Pretty simple layout, but it sure is sparkly.

Be sure to stop by the Aurora Wings challenge blog to see all 
of the talented design team's projects and maybe be inspired to 
play along with us this month.

Yesterday afternoon the power went out, so instead of being cold
and bored at home, we went as a family to Old Sacramento.
It's a local rustic tourist trap, full of high priced specialty shops
along the Sacramento River. We usually go a few times a year
for special events and our new holiday tradition of choosing
a new ornament for each year's Xmas tree.

There is a year around Xmas shop there, that is just magical.
I try to go close to Halloween and before Thanksgiving so I can
catch the Hallowe'en Day of the Dead themed goodies they carry. 

I fell for this glass bat ornament right off the ...
bat. 
Had to have him. So sparkly!!

And then I saw this guy!

Ack! It's like he was made for me.

Gorgeous mercury glass like effect. 
The ornament is actually clear glass, and you can see through it.

I also inherited about 20 Dr. Seuss Hallmark ornaments from my Mom,
so it's a toss up as to what kind of themed tree to have this year.
Maybe I can find a black artificial tree for my Hallowe'en themed tree.
I'll be on the look out...    


5 comments:

  1. EEEK! Love his blue face! I too looked up turkeys but it didn't occur to me to color his face blue. Love it and your fab layout. And what a SCORE on those ornamants! Love, love, LOVE! For sure you can find a black tree for them. We have some in our Christmas shop in town. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornaments! I have a black Xmas tree. I set it up for Halloween and leave it up through Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and I love his little blue face - you are so talented at colouring images. And of course I love your new ornaments too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue face and legs look great on this little guy. ^_^ Love your layout and rich brown - looks so classy. Black tree with these new ornaments would be awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.