Sunday, November 15, 2015

Smeared Ink Monthly challenge

It's time to get smudgy again!!

Here is the newest addition to my Smeared Ink
altered board book. It's a bit on the simple side,
but I didn't want anything to compete with this incredible image.
It's called, X-Ray Monocle Raven and it's available in the Smeared Ink shop.
I painted the background black, added some stripes with Wilted Violet distress paint.
I am loving that shade of purple, and how well it shows up against the black.
Lastly, I added a rib cage stencil with silver embossing paste and splattered
some copper Perfect Pearls spray for more contrast and interest.

Here it is in the actual children's board book.
I am so happy with how this book is turning out.
Now I am always on the hunt for kid's board books at thrift stores
and yard sales. So fun and super sturdy to alter.

Be sure to check out the awesome inspiration this month at Smudgy Antics!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or just vent.