Saturday, December 13, 2014

Farewell challenge for Delicious Darkness


Today marks the beginning of the end of the challenges,
and the stores known as Delicious Darkness, and Delicious Doodles.
Due to new tax laws going on the books in 2015, many UK digi shops will be 
closing down for good. Unfortunately, the Delicious shops are 
scheduled to do the same at the beginning of the new year.
Teri is offering generous discount codes for both of her shops.
Grab those images now, while they're offered at such a great discount!


If you can't take advantage of this fabulous sale and are
devastated like the rest of us that these shops are closing,
you will still be able to access Teri's darker art from 
Smeared Ink. Yep! The girls at SI have stepped up and are 
offering Teri's images in rubber and digi!! Nice, right?

Our final challenge theme for this month is 
Anything Goes
And if you're feeling extra adventurous, the twist is 
Creepy Crimbo.

I have been on a bit of a tag kick lately.
I'm trying to build up a reserve of them for next year. 

I used Teri's Skully Xmas Wreath for these tags.
I colored them with Copics in different color schemes,
added a gem to the center, and lots of Stickles for added
sparkle.

I just stamped "To: and From:" on the backs to make them gift tags.
I think these would be great as inexpensive Hexmas ornaments, too.
    
I went for a relatively CAS look for this card.
I really wanted that Ram's Skull image front and center.
Such a wicked image!

After coloring it in with Copics, I backed it onto some layered 
twig wreath die cuts, embellished with half pearls to look like
ornaments. I added the barbed wire die cut because it was looking
really bare. I like how this turned out. Not too fancy, so it's perfect
for a masculine friend or family member.

I added this festive sentiment to the inside to finish it all off.

That's it for me! 
Please drop by the Delicious Darkness blog to see 
all of the wonderful work the DT have created using Teri's incredible artwork. 
Maybe even have a play with us for our last hurrah!!    

    

1 comment:

  1. Totally love both of your projects. The "Skully Xmas Wreath" for tags or Hexmas ornaments (Which is what I'd use em' for,) turned out beautiful, love the Stickles and gems on them. And your right the Ram is such a wicked image! It does make a great manly Hexmas card. Love the cut-outs you used, barbed wire and twig wreath die cuts. I love how you added the twig wreath die cuts to the Ram. Wonderful work!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.