Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Calling all Truebies!!

True Blood Season 5 Trailer
Season 5 starts this Sunday!
Can I get a "hell yeah!"?!
I missed it so much, I have been watching the reruns. A lot.
Hey! I just noticed that my favorite ripped werewolf is missing
from this group shot! We can't have that now, can we?
Let me fix that.
 
There, that's so much better.
How you doin'?
Woof!
Anyhoo, I digress.
And I drool, too.
The challenge this week at Haunted Design House
is to pay homage to the enigma that is
HBO's True Blood.
Here is my collage card.

I had lots of elements that I wanted to use on this card.
Believe it or not, there were more bits of ephemera that didn't make it.
It's a bit much, but I think it strikes a decent balance.

I was able to use yet another of these weird bat-like brads,
and destash my ever growing collection of feathers.
I think they procreate in the jar where I keep them.
Every time I grab one, three more pop out!

I also finally broke out the weird (for me) TH Distress Stickles
in Antique Linen. I never quite knew how to use this product
in the past, but it gave the aged piece a nice sheen. I ended up
using my finger to spread the schtuff around until I was happy
with the appearance.

I used this image a few years ago for another True Blood card
I made, but I used UTEE and the cracked glass effect this time.
It really gives a nice weight to the card as well.

That's it for now.

Join us over at HDH for our Truebie or not to Truebie challenge.
At least stop by and see what the other talented Minions have
made to inspire and seduce you with this week.


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!!! love the cracked glass effect and the batty brad......FAB card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO!!!!!!! great images and textures Glo and oh, "woof" is RIGHT! YUMMY! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Love love love this!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.