Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wretched Wednesday - Chic Freak

It is Wretched Wednesday!!
Are you ready to get your freak on?!

Now I can remember the very first time I set
my eyes upon a Daniel Torrente image.
I can distinctly recall thinking happily, that someone had
finally tapped into the alternative, unique, not so cute,
slightly creepy, vein of rubber stamps.
Stampotique is still one of my very favorite
stamp companies to this day, with Daniel's
images at the top of my must have list.

This week's sponsor for Macabre Monday
is none other than

The challenge this week is
Chic Freaks.

I started off with the awesome and versatile Bat Like Wings
stamp and my favorite little bat buddy, Batboy.
I altered him a bit by chopping off his usual party hat
and adding those killer wings.

I used some die cuts and cool word art
Topped it all off with some rhinestones, and voila!
He's chic and a freak!!

But I'm not done yet!

This is my new favorite image called simply,
3 Smiles.


I decided to do some clean and simple cards
using Distress inks to "color" the faces.

I went over the eyes and the smiles with VersaMark
and then clear embossed to keep them white.


Then I used TH Distress Inks in various colors and some 
sponge daubers to blend the colors together.
I left them blank until I need them for a specific reason
or occassion. It's good to have blank cards on hand.

I had a blast (as usual) creating with the awesome stamps

Rise to this week's Macabre Monday challenge
at Haunted Design House
and maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $30 gift certificate!!
  

  

8 comments:

  1. Pretty nifty creations hun, those smiley faces are awesome!! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just breathtaking! The colours are so vibrant and freaking wonderful. I feel sick with jealousy. I seriously suck at cardmaking and if I could steal anybodies cardmaking abilities it would defo be yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME Glo!! I love this, you layout and coloring of this image is amazing. I also love your clean and simple cards and I LOVE that image.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these cards are great fun! love the rainbow colour 3 smiles ones they are AWESOME!!

    hugs Samantha :0)

    COugh! you maybe want to Visit ABC Christmas Challenge asap! wink wink!! something there you won't want to miss!! but be quick! you have until tuesday 6pm! cough wink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY WORD!!!
    LOVE that first card's sentiment!!!
    hilarious!!!
    great CAS cards too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stuff is art. It isn't card or images... it's sooo detailed that I can only say it's art.
    The tip on using the embossing powder/distress ink is great but that card-- wow! so many layers--- Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.