Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Valentine Emo Preview - London

I am actually having a lot of fun creating Valentine cards
for these great new images from Simply Betty Stamps.

Today's preview is of a new favorite of mine, London.

I fell for her when she came out as a jack-o-lantern for Hallowe'en,
and now she is quite adorable as a girl in love for Valentine's Day.

Or maybe she is more of a heart breaker with all of those
cards and goodies she is trying to keep a hold of there.

I don't usually reach for my BV Copics when I think of using purple, but went with it
this time and am quite pleased with how subtle the overall card is as compared to my usual
hot pink and violet color schemes as of late.

I took some ribbing for my recent admittance of not liking the color red very much.
Most assumed I'd like it since it's the color of blood, but I am more of a putrescence kinda 
gal, and go for the greener shades of decomposition as opposed to the scarlet hues of good, old fashioned, bloodletting.
I'm not a huge fan of blue either, especially baby blue. Hell, I abhor all pastel shades, or
"baby colors", except lavender I guess. There, now it's all out in the open.
I feel better now. I'll be expecting your comments on that as well.

One of my goals for the coming year is to start using more
of my hoarded paper crafting supplies.
I used some chip board pieces on this card, that I painted, and glittered, and embossed. 
I like the dimension the chipboard gives the card, and wonder to myself why I haven't used this stuff before.

There is one more Valentine Emo preview before the big release
on Friday the 7th. Drop by the SBS blogs and check out the 
awesome creations from my fellow DT members. 


5 comments:

  1. It is a gorgeous valentine card, your image colouring is always so bloomin amazing it makes me sick hehe (with envy). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just GORGEOUS!!! i love the bold purples and pinks!! the sparkly chipboard letters are just the perfect touch!!

    glorious work!!

    hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure to send you all the pastel papers from my packs as I don't care for them much either! I love London as a blonde. You did a great job with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card and she would be perfect for a friend. The chipboard and glitter make it pop and doesn't take away from London's image.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card looks great! I love all of the dimension! I too tend to avoid pastels, but they look fab here - not like baby pastels, but like candy!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.