Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chapter 39 "Nothin' but Tea and Time

"Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.

`The Dormouse is asleep again,' said the Hatter, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.

The Dormouse shook its head impatiently, and said, without opening its eyes, `Of course, of course; just what I was going to remark myself.'

`Have you guessed the riddle yet?' the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

`No, I give it up,' Alice replied: `what's the answer?'

`I haven't the slightest idea,' said the Hatter.

`Nor I,' said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. `I think you might do something better with the time,' she said, `than waste it in asking riddles that have no answers.'

`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter, `you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'

`I don't know what you mean,' said Alice.
`Of course you don't!' the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. `I dare say you never even spoke to Time!'"


This week's challenge at Oh Alice! is an inspiration piece.
It's a gorgeous bauble from the awesome, Tarina Tarantino.
I have a couple "Pink Head" Hello Kitty pieces of hers and now apparently 
she is working in Wonderland!
A bit large and chunky for my taste, but cool none the less.

Here is what I was inspired to create from the piece.
I LOVE the colors used on Tarina's bracelet and am so pleased
with how they really make one another pop!

I am currently in LOVE with the new line of Steampunk images
This is Emma. She colored up like a dream! I need the practice of coloring
fabric and these images are great for just that! I think I may be finally getting the
hang of these Copics.

Since time was also a part of the theme, I found this image of
pocket watches and antiqued it a bit with distress inks and then I
clear embossed it and cracked it up for a broken glass effect.

Please drop by the Oh Alice! challenge blog to see
what fabulousness the ladies have cooked up this week! 
  





8 comments:

  1. Your coloring on this is AMAZING!! Looks like real fabric. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is awesome! The coloring of the dress is fantabulous...and the clocks? Wow!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG, Glo... this is AWESOME! Love the colors, and it is obvious you don't need practice coloring fabric... fan-freakin-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these Steampunk Gang images too! I am broke right now, but all five are on my list for when I have some extra scratch! LOVE your card and I'd say your Copic coloring was coming along quite nicely, as in FAB!!! The cracked glass on all those pocket watches is such a perfect finishing touch, AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I should say you have the hang of your Copics! The coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! WOW!! Great card Gloria. You ROCK those Steampunk images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colouring of these is stunning!!! and I so so so so love those cracked pocket watches they are amazing, I LOVE those images want them all!! anyway this is just STUPENDOUS!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! This is simply stunning.. Gorgeous coloring!! Love it!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!! This is just Sooooo GORGEOUS, Glo! The colors and your coloring are spectacular! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.