Monday, February 22, 2010

A Real Basket Case

I LOVE horror! I love horror movies, horrific artwork, horror novels, scary toys, all horror, old and new.
One of my passions lately has been to revisit some of my favorite horror films from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
Titles like, "Killer Clowns from Outer Space", "Demons", "Pieces", "Xtro", "The Brood", "Phantasm,"and "Basket Case", have been dripping their "B" movie goo all over my DVD player lately.
Apparently, when I was in high school I had very little prejudice regarding the caliber of horror films I chose to watch. Some of the aforementioned titles have been almost agonizing to sit through. I can't believe the hokieness of some of the effects, and the inability to act frightened by most of the actors involved. Still better than most Troma films though (i.e."Toxic Avenger").
And still, I cannot turn away or stop myself from loading the next gem of 'B' Horror into my DVD player.

After watching the film, I just had to make a creepy little card using the artwork from the original trailer for "Basket Case".
This is still one of my favorite movies and I happen to share this fondness with my friend Robb, who is going to turn 40 next week.
I made him this card originally to wish him well on his recent home purchase and the pending arrival of his first child.
Funny, right?!
Well, after some thought, and the unsolicited advice of my husband, I made a cute baby card and just decided to give Robb this card for his birthday instead. 
  
I just LOVE the way the bloody drips came out!
Using 2 colors of red, and popping them up on dimensional dots really made this card ROCK!
I almost don't want to give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or just vent.