Monday, August 17, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth ...really, it is!

Seems as though I fell off the face of the earth, but I just had to take some time and enjoy life with my family. This past July, all eleven of us went to Disneyland for a week. My mother-in-law is a wonderful lady who likes to have fun with her family. She planned this trip for all of the grand kids and adult kids to go play in the sun in So Cal, and play we did!
I haven't been to Disneyland for about 18 years, and I was more excited than the kids who hadn't ever been there. The rides we so fun, the lines were so long, and the heat was so hot, but I was in Disneyland! It was a great trip filled with lots of good times and wonderful memories to cherish. I did get caught up in the crazy underground world of pin trading at Disney. Quite an expensive hobby, but fun just the same. I got to show my son where I was born (Newport Beach) and where I grew up (Huntington Beach/San Fernando Valley)and where I used to work. Now that I have been back to LA, I want to return very soon to bask in the culture that Southern California has to offer. Besides, I didn't even try to get started visiting the stamp and scrapbooking stores down there.....
My son, Gryphon (pronounced "Griffin") waiting for the dizziness of the Tea Cup ride to subside.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time! Disney really is the most magical place on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I'm so glad that you were able to get away for a fun vacation this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.